Apart from the skin around your eyes, neck, and chest, your hands are also among the first areas to display signs of aging. This part of the body can develop age spots and wrinkles and may also appear dry and veiny due to aging. These changes can reveal your age or even make you older than you really are.
If you’re bothered with these signs of aging and want to make your hands look younger, you can try RADIESSE®. This FDA-cleared dermal filler is composed of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier. These are similar to a mineral component found in the body so allergy testing is not required.
Hand rejuvenation with RADIESSE®
Radiesse is the only dermal filler approved by the US FDA for correcting volume loss in the hands. It can immediately fill in or restore volume loss in the back of the hands, as well as smooth hand wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. The filler’s benefits continue over time, as it stimulates your body’s own collagen.
Apart from restoring volume loss, here are the other ways RADIESSE® can improve your hands:
- Reduces the visibility of veins and tendons
- Offers smooth and natural-looking results
- Minimizes wrinkles
- Helps restore a more youthful appearance to your hands
So, how does RADIESSE® work?
This filler is injected in the skin’s surface using a cannula. Once injected, Radiesse then adds the lift and volume required to diminish the signs of aging. It provides instant volume and correction, while also continuing to work as a bio-stimulator. As mentioned before, Radiesse stimulates the body to produce its own natural collagen.
The body absorbs the gel and metabolizes the microspheres over time. This leaves behind only your natural collagen. You may also be glad to know that since Radiesse is a collagen stimulator, it helps your skin regain its youthful elasticity and tightness. This promotes a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
Why choose Radiesse
Radiesse’s ability to correct volume loss in the back of the hands is often enough to choose the filler for hand rejuvenation. There are, however, other benefits and features that make Radiesse a standout.
- Quick treatment – Radiesse is a quick in-office treatment, with the procedure taking as long as 15 minutes, depending on the number of injections needed. Recovery at the injector’s office is not required and you can go home immediately after the treatment.
- Virtually no downtime – With Radiesse, you can return to most of your routines after the treatment. Just be sure to avoid intense exercise, as well as excess heat and sweating 24 hours after the treatment. Your clinic or injector may also provide you a list of post-care guidelines.
- Instant, long-term results – Radiesse offers immediate volume correction with its benefits continuing over time because of the filler’s collagen-inducing effect. The results can last from a year to 18 months, with some patients reporting that they can last for up to two years.
- A lot of other uses – Apart from hand rejuvenation, Radiesse can also be used for improving signs of aging on the face. It can smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles, folds, and creases. It can also contour and define your facial shape, as well as fill acne scars.
Other tips for keeping hands more youthful
Radiesse is one good way to improve the appearance of your hand. You should, however, still do your part in taking better of your hands. Some things that can help include:
- Protect your hands from the sun – Always apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more to prevent premature aging on the hands. Don’t forget to reapply after washing your hands.
- Don’t forget to moisturize – Use creams, lotions, or moisturizers throughout the day to keep your skin soft and moisturized. Make sure to apply the product every time you wash your hands.
- Consider a gentle soap or hand wash – If your hands suffer from dryness, sensitivity, or inflammatory skin conditions, switch to a gentle cleanser or soap. It is also advisable to choose a product with moisturizer to avoid further dryness and irritation.
Schedule a consultation
Don’t let hand wrinkles and volume loss make you look older. Consider Radiesse to rejuvenate your hands. Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore and schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor to learn more about Radiesse or to find out if it is right for you.