VI Peel™ is not your basic chemical peel treatment. This medical-grade peel can significantly improve the tone and texture of your skin, regardless of your skin type and color. VI Peel contains a special formulation designed to address a number of skin issues. It provides a deep-peeling effect without the pain and lengthy downtime associated with other types of chemical peels.
VI Peel’s synergistic blend of effective ingredients is safe for all skin types. You can turn to this peel to:
- Improve skin tone, texture, and clarity of the skin
- Soften lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Clear acne skin conditions
- Reduce or eliminate acne scars
- Stimulate the production of collagen
What to expect from VI Peel?
The procedure begins with thoroughly cleansing the skin, followed by the application of the solution. There are 2 phases involved in a VI Peel:
- 1st phase – The VI Peel formulation targets and penetrates the skin cells on the surface of the skin. This is then followed by wiping the skin using a retinol towel.
- 2nd phase – The VI Peel solution penetrates deeper into the dermis, where there is a buildup of toxins and dead skin cells.
Following the application of the VI Peel formula, you will need to wait 4 to 6 hours for it to rest on your skin. This means that you’ll go home with the solution on your face and wash it after a few hours with the cleanser provided by the clinic.
The treatment can take between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on the area of concern. Then after 2 to 3 days, you will experience some peeling, which will continue for up to 6 days. During this period, you’ll notice skin color changes in yellowish, brownish, or reddish tones.
When the peeling is complete, you’ll see healthier and more radiant skin with a brighter complexion. A single VI Peel treatment can provide dramatic results, but multiple treatments may be required depending on your concerns and beauty goals.
Our Types of VI Peel
Apart from the original VI Peel™, we also offer three types of VI Peel: VI Peel Precision Plus, VI Peel Purify, and VI Peel Advanced.
VI Peel Precision Plus
VI Peel Precision Plus is a medium-depth peel for fighting pigmentation and restoring skin to its natural health. It is specifically formulated for tackling melasma, sun damage, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Its powerhouse formula promotes rapid cell turnover and effectively suppresses melanogenesis.
It helps reduce dark spots and textural damage using a dual booster system: Lighter Booster and Fast Acting Brightening Booster. VI Peel Precision Plus also contains the same ingredients as the original VI Peel but in a stronger formulation. It is also for all skin types. Its key benefits include:
- Penetrates damaged skin areas
- Exfoliates the skin to lessen pigmentation and textural damage
- Encourages rapid cell turnover
VI Peel Purify
VI Peel Purify is a medium-depth peel that is effective for treating acne and addressing skin concerns caused by acne symptoms. It is specifically formulated to reduce comedones and balance the skin for fewer breakouts. It contains the original VI Peel formula with additional ingredients to tackle acne, blemishes, and related concerns.
VI Peel Purify helps prevent the accumulation of oil and bacteria and increases cellular turnover to clear out pores. It is safe for all skin types and has minimal to no downtime. Also, it doesn’t require special skin preparations. Here are the benefits of VI Peel Purify:
- Kills P. acne Bacteria
- Soothes redness and inflammation
- Increases cellular turnover
- Ideal for those with teen acne, active acne, and congested skin
VI Peel Advanced
VI Peel Advanced is a deep penetrating chemical peel ideal for ages 40+ or those with aging skin, fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of elasticity. It is formulated to fight the signs of aging and has a deeper penetrating power that can soften lines and wrinkles. It also enhances collagen stimulation to increase cellular turnover and improve the appearance of loss of elasticity.
VI Peel Advanced is also the peel of choice for those with mild to moderate photodamage. Patients who had neurotoxin (Botox) and filler treatments can also benefit from VI Peel Advanced, especially those who want to experience enhanced collagen stimulation and firming. Benefits include:
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Penetrates more mature skin
- Smooths away rough skin texture
- Restores a more even skin tone
- Stimulates collagen production
- Safe to use for different skin types (Fitzpatrick types I-VI)
How does VI Peel differ from other types of chemical peels?
VI Peel is not your average chemical peel; there a lot of things that set it apart from other treatments. These include:
- Safe for delicate areas like around the eyes – It is one of the safest peels and can be used on the skin around the eyes. It can help improve the appearance of crow’s feet or wrinkles at the corner of the eyes and other facial lines and wrinkles.
- Versatile and can be used on different areas of the body – Apart from the face and neck, VI Peel can also be used on the chest, hands, arms, and legs.
- Treats or improves a range of skin concerns – VI Peel promotes healthier and more radiant skin by addressing different skin problems. These include acne, scars, dark spots, lines and wrinkles, and more.
- Doesn’t require skin preparations – Certain chemical peels require preconditioning or advanced preparation before the treatment. This is not necessary with VI Peel, making it an ideal option if you have a busy lifestyle.
How many VI Peel treatments will you need?
While some patients notice skin improvements after just one peel, the number of sessions you’ll need will depend on your skin concerns. You might require multiple treatments if you have acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and enlarged pores. Consult our aesthetic doctor to determine the number of peels you need.
Which VI Peel is right for you?
The original VI Peel can address a number of skin concerns, and improve the texture and quality of your skin. If your main concern, however, is acne or related symptoms, VI Peel Purify is the right option. If you, on the other hand, are dealing with sun damage and other types of hyperpigmentation, VI Peel Precision Plus is the one for you.
Does VI Peel hurt?
While VI Peel provides a deep peeling effect, it is a gentle treatment and virtually painless. It is normal to feel a slight tingling sensation after the application of the VI Peel solution. The sensation, however, is tolerable and does not require any type of anesthetics or pain medication.
How long will the results of VI Peel last?
VI Peel can improve the quality of your skin by addressing a number of skin concerns. Its results are long-lasting, particularly with good skincare after the treatment. You can have it done 3 to 4 times a year.
Does VI Peel have side effects or downtime?
There are no immediate side effects after VI Peel, but you’ll experience skin peeling for up to a week. VI Peel, in general, is considered safe and gentle, with few risks of complications. Potential side effects include minor redness, temporary discoloration, and some inflammation.
Is it okay to do VI Peel at home?
While there may be DIY peel recipes or kits available online, you should never attempt to do a VI Peel or any type of chemical peel on your own. It is recommended to see an experienced aesthetician or aesthetic doctor, as they are trained and know how to perform the procedure the right way.