As we age, our skin cell’s oxygen levels naturally drop. Pollution and other environmental stressors also hinder the ability of cells to regenerate, while the skin gradually loses collagen and elastin. This then makes the skin more prone to aging, irritation, redness, and pigmentation.
Carboxy CO2 therapy infuses the skin cells with CO2, providing an increase of oxygen and other nutrients in the treated area. It leads to cell restoration with anti-aging, whitening, and rejuvenating effects. The use of Crystal Carboxy CO2 gel mask can increase the skin’s oxygen supply through the release of CO2.
What is the Crystal Carboxy CO2 Gel Mask?
Crystal Carboxy uses a non-invasive, anti-aging skin correcting technology for rejuvenating the skin. It consists of a specially formulated CO2 gel and a dry cotton sheet mask that work together in addressing various skin issues.
Crystal Carboxy produces CO2 and transfers it to the skin cells through the gel layer. It provides the benefits of carboxytherapy without the use of needles.
- An innovative skincare treatment that uses the BOHR effect (explained below)
- Combines the gel and sheet mask, which creates a bubbling effect and produces CO2 that gets delivered to the skin
- Stimulates red blood cells to increase the skin’s oxygen supply and increases cell turnover rate through the increase of CO2 molecules
- Promotes waste removal and increased nutrients supply to the skin. This reveals a brighter and more even complexion
What is the BOHR effect?
The Bohr effect offers penetration of CO2. It provides oxygen and nutrients to the deeper layers of the skin by increasing blood circulation. This helps improve skin barrier, elasticity, and cell production.
When CO2 is applied to the skin, it tricks the body into thinking that the area requires more oxygen. It then triggers the red blood cells to release more oxygen (O2), which is essential for cell metabolism.
- Step1: Creates a bubbling effect; provides CO2 bubbles to the skin
- Step 2: The exchanging process of CO2 and O2 removes dead skin cells
- Step 3: The CO2 and O2 exchange process increases blood circulation to provide nutrients and oxygen.
Benefits of the Bohr effect include:
- Offers an anti-inflammatory effect
- Improves cellular metabolism
- Stimulates cell reproduction
How does it work?
The contact between the mask and the gel causes the release of CO2 gas. CO2 is then absorbed by the skin, which then forms O2 (oxygen) from blood cells to the skin tissue. It activates different processes that contribute to overall skin rejuvenation.
CO2 Carboxy’s Mechanism of Action
- Vasodilatation action – activates skin cell metabolism and improves blood circulation, which therefore results in healthy skin.
- Anti-inflammatory action – oxygen discharged from hemoglobin provides an anti-inflammation effect and waste excretion action.
- Blood fluidity improving action – CO2 absorbed into the skin improves blood fluidity, which then helps with oxygen supply.
The benefits of Crystal Carboxy Mask
- Whitening – treats dark spots, freckles, age spots, sun damage, and dull skin tone by activating blood circulation and waste removal.
- Wrinkle reduction and face lifting – minimizes the appearance of old wrinkles while preventing new ones; also promotes lifting effects and tightens the skin, as well as increases its elasticity.
- Face slimming – promotes slimming effect by densifying the tissue through CO2 absorbed in the phospholipid layers.
- Moisturizing – increases skin’s hydration and helps maintain the balance between oil and water.
- Treatment of acne and scars – promotes blood flow and waste removal to increase the discharge of acne-causing bacteria.
- Reduction of facial pores – minimizes pore size and appearance even after the first use.
How is the procedure performed?
It starts with cleansing the skin, followed by the application of Carboxy CO2 gel evenly on the face. Areas around the eyes are avoided. Then, the cotton mask sheet is placed on top of the gel, pressed down gently, so it will be evenly attached. The mask is removed after 20 minutes.
How many treatments are needed to see results?
You can see improvements after just a single session, but it is recommended to get a series of treatments for enhanced results.
Is it painful?
It is common for patients to feel a warming /burning sensation or their face getting hot. There is also a sizzling-like sound, which means that the CO2 is released, resulting in the formation of more oxygen.
Skin reddening is a normal reaction after using the Crystal Carboxy mask. This is due to the enhanced blood circulation. On average, the redness subsides 30 minutes after cleaning the skin.
Why try the Crystal Carboxy Mask?
- All above benefits
- Safe for all skin types
- No downtime
- No side effects
- No contraindications
The CO2 Carboxytherapy offers not just anti-aging benefits, but also overall skin rejuvenation. These include whitening, acne and scar treatment, pore size reduction, and more.
To learn more about Crystal Carboxy or to find out if it’s right for you, contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation with our Harvard-trained medical aesthetic doctor.