If you’re looking to fight or improve signs of aging, peptides are one skincare ingredient that should be included in your regimen. These anti-aging powerhouses are short chains of amino acids that serve as building blocks of collagen and elastin. They are found in the body and signal it to produce more collagen.
More on peptides
As previously mentioned, peptides are small chains of amino acids that are found in every cell and tissue in the human body. Naturally-occurring peptides perform a number of biological functions and serve as signaling molecules. They instruct other cells and molecules to perform a specific functions, including (but not limited to):
- Speed up healing process
- Help in soft tissue repair
- Provide pain relief
- Promote weight loss
- Improve cognitive function
- Provide support to skin and body
The number and quality of peptides inside the body vary from person to person and may decline with age. Fortunately, peptides are now included in different products including skin care formulations. They can be applied topically to the skin to reduce wrinkles and make the skin look more youthful.
Incorporating peptides into your regimen
Peptides can easily penetrate the skin, which can then signal it to produce more collagen. These powerhouse ingredients are now added to creams, serums, cleansers, and moisturizers to help reverse signs of aging and bring a number of skin benefits, including:
- Reduce wrinkles
- Make skin look firmer and more elastic
- Improve skin barrier
- Ease inflammation
- Help even out skin tone
- Repair damage skin
Read our previous post and find out why you should add a peptide-infused product into your skin care regimen.
How to choose a peptide product
A wide range of skincare products now contain peptides, which is why it is important to choose the right one that will benefit you the most. Below are a few tips on selecting the right peptide-infused product.
- Pick the correct form – Stick with products that are not easily washed or rinsed off the skin. Choose serums or moisturizers, instead of cleansers or face washes. Products that stay on the skin for a longer period of time are deemed more effective.
- Choose a product with other skin repairing ingredients – Peptides work well with other active ingredients. These include niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and other antioxidants. Avoid using peptides with AHAs, as these can make the peptides less efficient.
- Consider a dermatologist’s or aesthetic doctor’s recommendation – It is also helpful to consider an expert’s opinion to choose the right peptide formulation. S/he may recommend products that are right for your needs and goals.
The peptide product we recommend
At Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore, we have Dr. Sylvia’s Multi Peptide Essence Serum. This medical formulation contains clinically proven ingredients to help combat visible signs of aging. It can firm and smooth the skin, as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Our Multi Peptide Essence contains youth-activating peptides like Argireline and SYN-AKE. Both can mimic the effects of Botox and help minimize the look of facial lines and wrinkles. It also has hyaluronic and acid and seaweed extract to provide hydration benefits, protect the barrier, and deliver other minerals to the skin.
You can turn to our Multi Peptide Essence to help improve the following skin concerns:
- Premature aging
- Lines and wrinkles
- Volume loss
- Skin dehydration
Take note: Products with peptide can help fight or improve signs of aging, but it isn’t the only one that can help you achieve healthy and youthful skin. You should also prioritize sun protection and avoid prolonged sun exposure, as well as adopt healthy lifestyle habits. Considering nonsurgical anti-aging treatments are also beneficial.
Feel free to contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today to learn more about our medical-grade skin care products or schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor for other product and treatment recommendations.