While diet and exercise are still the best way to get the body you want, the results can sometimes take longer to show than you imagine. It is important to stay consistent, but there should also be no shame in wanting to boost your fitness efforts. A non-invasive body shaping procedure like ThermoSculpt™ is always worth considering to get the advantage you need in achieving your body goals.
The Basics of ThermoSculpt™
Specifically designed for muscle toning and fat burning, ThermoSculpt™ can shape and define your body for a fitter and more confident appearance. It uses diathermocontraction (diathermy + faradic muscle contraction), which is a unique and patented energy (by Brera Medical).
- Diathermy – is a type of physical therapy that involves the use of high-frequency electrical current. It generates heat deep within the body to heat the muscles and muscular tissues.
- Faradic muscle contraction – is also known as electrical muscle contraction (using faradic current). It involves applying electrical body pulses that stimulate muscle contractions, targeting both deep and superficial muscles.
A device called Imperium Med 400 system controls the treatment and emits high-intensity radiofrequency (RF) energy (400 watts). The RF energy develops internal heat and deep muscle contraction waves that enable rejuvenation in different areas of the body. This then leads to muscle toning and overall improvement or body reinvention.
ThermoSculpt™ treatment protocols
ThermoSculpt™ involves the use of three handpieces with various treatment protocols. These include:
- UltraCav 40 – contours and shapes the body by targeting smaller areas of fat. It uses ultrasonic radio waves to destroy and break down fat cells.
- BQUAD 40 – helps sculpt and define the body using spherical-shaped electrodes. These use radiofrequency heating to heat and liquefy fat cells.
- Thermogym – involves placing (up to 4) pairs of radio adhesive electrodes in the treated area. It uses diathermocontraction to tone the muscles, reduce fat, and improve lymphatic drainage.
What can ThermoSculpt™ do for you?
ThermoSculpt™ can rejuvenate different areas of the body, particularly those that require muscle toning and overall improvement. Common treatment areas include:
- Inner Arms
- Gluteus (muscles in the buttocks)
The use of diathermocontraction can also help with:
- Muscle toning
- Lymphatic drainage
- Skin laxity
- Skin dimpling (cellulite)
- Buttock lift
- Improvement of blood circulation
- Functional recovery of adipose tissue
Is ThermoSculpt™ the same as fat reduction?
No. While ThermoSculpt™ can help burn fat and contour the body, it is not a fat reduction procedure. Fat freezing treatments like CoolSculpting and ZLipo use controlled cooling technology to target, kill, and eliminate fat cells. They solely treat the fat cells (not the muscles) to reduce fat layer thickness in the treated area.
Vanquish ME is another fat reduction procedure that can shape the body. But unlike fat freezing, it uses heat through radiofrequency energy to kill and melt fat cells. It uses a contactless device that floats over the treatment area. This only means that it can treat fat bulges without coming into contact with the skin.
The treated fats cells are gone forever and will not migrate to other areas of the body. It can also take several weeks or a few months to see the results. Take note that non-surgical fat reduction procedures rely on your body’s natural flushes to metabolize and eliminate the heated or cooled fat cells.
ThermoSculpt™ or fat reduction treatment?
If you want to sculpt and define your muscles, it only makes sense to consider ThermoSculpt™. If you, however, have an excess layer of fat sitting atop your muscles, it is recommended to undergo a fat reduction procedure first. You may not be able to enjoy the full results of ThermoSculpt™ if there are fat bulges that need to be addressed beforehand.
It is best to consult an aesthetic doctor to find out which body treatment is right for you. One thing you should know about ThermoSculpt™ is it offers complete body reinvention, as it doesn’t just tone your muscles. It also assists with fat burning and improvement of skin laxity to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
Schedule a consultation and body assessment
Want to know more about ThermoSculpt™ and how it can help you, contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics today. Schedule a consultation and body assessment with our Harvard-trained aesthetic doctor in Singapore, Dr. Sylvia Ramirez, and learn more about our non-invasive body shaping treatments.