Not all facials are created equal. While nearly all include cleansing, exfoliation, steaming, and extraction, there are also those that feature various non-invasive anti-aging and rejuvenation treatments. This is especially true for medical-grade facials, which differ in several ways from a spa or a traditional facial.
Continue reading as we explore the difference between spa and medical-grade facials and find out if one is better than the other.
A spa facial is a beautifying treatment that cleanses and refreshes your skin. It involves different stages (deep cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, moisturizing, etc.) and the use of various tools and products to pamper the skin. Some are also followed by a full or upper body massage for a truly relaxing experience.
Purpose of the facial: Spa facials, for the most part, are designed to give patients a pampering experience. While they can get rid of skin impurities and even improve common skin concerns, regular facials don’t always offer longer-lasting results. This is because the treatments used are not as strong as what you can get in a doctor’s office.
Who performs the facial: Skin therapists or aestheticians handle/perform the facials/treatments. While they may know how to perform spa or regular facials, not all have the knowledge or experience of medical aestheticians. Spa facials only treat the superficial layer of the skin and offer a quick and relaxing treatment.
Longevity of results: While facials can remove dead skin cells and leave your skin looking fresher and younger, they only affect the surface layer of the skin. This is why they only provide short-term results and benefits.
A medical-grade facial is a skin rejuvenating treatment that can improve the overall quality of your skin. It involves different steps and the use of medical-grade products, tools, and treatments to address various skin concerns. These facials are designed to meet the needs and goals of the patients by treating the skin beyond the surface level.
Purpose of the facial: Compared to spa facials, medical-grade facials are not as relaxing or pampering. This is because they are designed for treating skin issues and achieving visible and longer-lasting results. There is also the use of active ingredients and medical-grade equipment to nourish the skin and improve signs of aging.
They can help with:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Sagging skin
- Acne, scarring, and related concerns
- Sun spots, age spots, hyperpigmentation
- Enlarged pores
- Dull skin
Who performs the facial: Trained or medical aestheticians usually administer the treatment. They understand the skin and different skin concerns and work with an aesthetic doctor or dermatologist to create a treatment plan that suits you best. Medical-grade facials are also performed in a medical aesthetic clinic.
Longevity of results: Medical-grade facials offer longer-lasting results, as they work deeper than the surface layer of the skin. Many of the treatments involve restoring the skin from the inside out, deep cleaning the pores, removing the damaged layer, and even stimulating collagen production.
Cutis Medical-Grade Facials
Our clinic offers a range of medical-grade facials and face treatments that can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. We also tailor and customize our facials depending on the patient’s unique needs and goals. Furthermore, we have several treatments that can target acne, hyperpigmentation, acne scarring, mild skin laxity, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are some of our medical-grade facials:
- Clarifying Medical-Grade Facial with Sapphire – ideal for clarifying congested skin, clearing inflammation, and getting rid of acne-causing bacteria.
- Anti-Aging Facial with Perfectio+ – treats the skin from the surface to its core and is ideal for rejuvenating the skin, reducing fine lines, and stimulating collagen production.
- Premium Anti-Aging Facial with Exilis – features the BTL Exilis Ultra 360, which is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that can firm the skin and improve its overall appearance with minimal to zero discomfort.
- Hydra Dermabrasion (HydraFacial) – uses water and oxygen to gently exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish the skin. It is safe for all skin types, customizable, and can treat different skin issues such as pigmentation, oily skin, and signs of aging.
Our clinic also has facial rejuvenation subscriptions that can keep your skin consistently radiant and glowing. These include treatments that can leave your skin feeling cleaner, rejuvenated, and more youthful, while also eliminating the need to book several aesthetic treatments to target different skin concerns.
Optimum Facial Rejuvenation – includes face treatments that can exfoliate dead skin cells, clarify congested skin, lighten hyperpigmentation, and provide anti-aging benefits.
- DiamondTome Microdermabrasion
- Clarifying Medical-Grade Facial with Microderm, Extraction & Sapphire
- Anti-Aging Skin Rejuvenation with Microderm, Massage & Perfectio+
- Hydra-Clarifying Medical-Grade Facial with Extraction & Sapphire
- Hydra-Anti Aging Skin Rejuvenation with Microcurrent BIO, Facial & Eye Ultrasonic, Skin Scrubber, Lymphatic Drainage, and Oxygen Spray
- Cutis Crystal Peel
- Cutis Anti Acne Peel
- Two (2) Crystal Carboxy CO2 Masks
Platinum Facial Rejuvenation – features non-invasive treatments that can lift and tighten the skin, stimulate collagen and elastin, and improve mild skin laxity, and other signs of aging.
- Premium Anti-Aging Skin Rejuvenation (including Exilis Full Face & Facial Mask)
- Imperium Deep Cleanse & Lift Full Face – with Sonoblade 25 & RF Spheres & Facial Mask
- Cutis High Power NIR Technology Full Face
If you’re looking to pamper yourself or have a relaxing day, a spa facial might be enough. If you, on the other hand, want to improve the tone, texture, and overall quality of your skin, you should consider a medical-grade facial.
Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor to find out which facial or face treatment is right for you.