Do you experience urine leakage when you laugh, sneeze, cough, jump, or exercise? If so, you might have stress urinary incontinence. This is the most common type of urinary incontinence in women and occurs when physical activity or movement puts extra pressure on your bladder, causing you to unintentionally leak urine.
While there may be “stress” in its name, stress incontinence is not related to psychological stress. It is mostly due to the weakening of the tissues and muscles around the opening of the bladder, which may be caused by pregnancies or vaginal childbirth and weight gain. The pressure on the bladder can result in leakage.
Facts about stress urinary incontinence
- Stress incontinence is more common in women than men.
- About one in three (1 in 3) women suffer from stress incontinence at some point in their lives.
- About one out of three (1 out of 3) women age 60 and one of two (1 out of 2) age 65 and over find that they sometimes leak urine.
- Stress incontinence can be treated and sometimes cured.
- It can affect younger and middle-aged women, but may also start later or around menopause.
What are some treatment options?
The right treatment option will depend on the type and severity of incontinence you have. Some of the options include:
- Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles (Kegel exercises, biofeedback)
- Bladder training (scheduling bathroom visits, going in only at specific times)
- Certain medications (such as anticholinergics, topical estrogen, or Imipramine or Tofranil)
- Behavioral changes like losing weight or reducing your fluid intake
- Surgery (Colposuspension, sling procedures, or artificial sphincter) can be an option if other solutions don’t work
- Ultra Femme 360, a non-surgical option that also provides intimate area rejuvenation
How Cutis can help
Here at Cutis, we have the BTL Exilis Ultra Femme 360, which is a US FDA-cleared non-invasive procedure for treating your intimate area and improving your intimate health. It safely heats the vaginal tissues, both internal and external genitalia, using radiofrequency and ultrasound technology. Ultra Femme 360 helps stimulate collagen building and provides an immediate tightening effect.
Ultra Femme 360, according to clinical studies, has shown positive results for treating stress urinary incontinence. It can also help improve vaginal laxity, boost sexual satisfaction, and improve the overall appearance of the intimate area. Ultra Femme 360 can restore the vaginal and vulvar areas using your body’s natural process to stimulate collagen.
The toning and tightening effect on the vaginal tissues provide support to the weakened pelvic floor muscles. This helps treat the symptoms, which then allows you to experience less stress incontinence when you cough, laugh, sneeze, or do any physical movement or activity.
How Ultra Femme 360 works
The procedure uses two attachments for treating the internal and external genitalia. For treating the labia, the vulvar area is gently heated to stimulate collagen synthesis. For the internal genitalia, a 360° disposable tip is inserted through the Introitus (opening) inside the vaginal canal, which will be moved using a slow repeating motion, forward and backward while transmitting uniform heat.
The gentle heating helps improve blood flow and cause immediate contraction. This also triggers neocollagenesis or the process of building new collagen, which can take 60 to 90 days following the treatment. The stimulation of new collagen also results in improved tightening and elasticity that can continue over the next three to four months.
The result varies and will depend on a few factors like the amount of tissue laxity and your body’s natural response to the treatment. A consultation with our aesthetic doctor will help you learn more about Ultra Femme 360 and find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure.
Read our previous post and learn the 5 reasons you should say yes to vaginal rejuvenation through Ultra Femme 360.
What are the benefits of Ultra Femme 360?
With Ultra Femme 360, you can feel a little more confident during physical and leisure activities without the worry that you might have an embarrassing accident later on. This non-invasive treatment can help ease your anxieties about stress incontinence and even improve your quality of life.
As previously mentioned though, improving stress incontinence is just one of the many benefits of Ultra Femme 360. It can rejuvenate your delicate areas, providing total vaginal rejuvenation. Other benefits include:
- Improves vaginal laxity or tightens the vaginal canal and opening
- Raises and tightens the labia (plump the area)
- Improves natural lubrication (vaginal dryness)
- Increases blood flow to the clitoris
- Improves orgasm/boosts sexual satisfaction
- Improves the overall appearance of the intimate area
You don’t have to live with stress incontinence
Talk to your healthcare provider about your treatment options. You can also contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation with one of our aesthetic doctors to find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure.