While it is true that adopting a healthy lifestyle can help you slow the aging process, it also wouldn’t hurt to use anti-aging products. Medical-grade or quality serums and creams can help protect your skin and minimize damage from free radicals. The key, of course, is to look for products with powerful anti-aging ingredients.
Peptides are shorter chains of amino acids that serve as building blocks for collagen and elastin fibers. They are found in every human cell and tissue and perform different biological functions. Peptides are added into skincare to signal your body (acting as messengers) to boost collagen or release chemicals with Botox-like effects.
When choosing a peptide-infused product, be sure to choose those that are not easily washed off the skin. These include creams, serums, and moisturizers, instead of cleansers. It is also important to note that there are different types of peptides and each one has different functions.
- Signal peptides – deliver signals to promote the production of essential proteins.
- Carrier peptides – deliver minerals to boost the production of collagen.
- Enzyme inhibitor peptides – help slow down the breakdown of collagen.
- Neurotransmitter peptides – mimic the effects of Botox by blocking the release of chemicals that cause line and wrinkle formation.
Read our previous post to learn more about peptides and adding a peptide-infused product into your skincare regimen.
Why try our Multi Peptide Essence
Dr. Sylvia’s Multi Peptide Essence contains high concentration of clinically proven ingredients that can help fight signs of aging. This expert formulation can reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, while also offering firming and smoothing benefits. It can help with skin concerns such as premature aging, fine lines/wrinkles, skin dehydration, and volume loss.
Our Multi Peptide Essence contains:
- Argireline™ – This peptide is clinically-proven ingredient that mimics the effects of botulinum toxin (Botox) injections. It targets the facial muscles to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Argireline inhibits the nerves that deliver signals to facial muscles to reduce wrinkles or limit facial expressions.
- SYN-AKE™ – This synthetic peptide has been proven in clinical studies for minimizing the depth of lines and wrinkles (following 4 weeks of continuous usage). SYN-AKE also has a Botox-like effect and has the ability to inhibit muscle contractions to temporarily treat facial expression lines.
- Hyaluronic acid – This humectant keeps and retains water in the skin to keep it moisturized.
- Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) Extract – This contains nutrients and antioxidants that provide hydration benefits to protect the skin and combat dryness. This extract also features a nutrient-rich blend of vitamin and trace minerals such as calcium, iodine, sulfur, magnesium, and selenium.
- Firms and smooths the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin hydration (locks in moisture)
For a firmer and a more youthful-looking skin
Products with peptides and other anti-aging ingredients are a great addition to your efforts in looking more youthful. You, however, shouldn’t rely on anti-aging products to improve the health and appearance of your skin. It is also important to engage in the following habits:
- Eat a balanced diet (limit processed foods)
- Exercise daily
- Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
- Get adequate sleep (7 to 9 hours each night).
- Minimize or manage stress.
- Prioritize daily sun protection (wear broad-spectrum sunscreen and accessories).
- Moisturize daily (don’t forget to include neck and chest)
To learn more about our Multi Peptide Essence and other medical-grade skin care products, contact our clinic today or browse through our website. You can also schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor to learn more about our anti-aging and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures.