The way your body looks, including the clothes you’re wearing, can significantly affect your confidence. If you have a few areas in the body such as underarm fat and bra bulges that are making you self-conscious, it is only normal that you may feel a little less confident or choose clothes that can hide them.
Don’t let bra fat hold you back. Continue reading to learn more about this fat, its causes, and what you can do to get rid of it without cuts or needles.
What is bra fat?
Also called armpit or underarm fat, bra fat or bra bulge refers to the excess fat that gathers on the upper back and overhangs on the bra area. Apart from being uncomfortable, bra bulge can also make women self-conscious or even prevent them from wearing certain clothes, such as strapless dresses and fitted shirts.
Bra fat can be stubborn to get rid of because it tends to be fibrous. And while regular exercise and positive lifestyle changes can help improve the area, they are not enough. The good news is there are non-invasive procedures that can treat the bulge and stubborn fat in other areas of the body.
What causes bra fat?
While bra fat can sometimes be due to ill-fitting underwear, it is mostly a result of fat accumulation and the normal aging process. Fat can gather anywhere on the body and there are several factors such as your genetics (including diet) that determine your vulnerability to having bra fat and back fat.
Some of the things that can trigger or contribute to bra overhang include:
- Unhealthy diet or consuming more calories than you burn
- Aging or the changes in estrogen levels, which causes the fat to shift around the midsection and chest
- Weakening muscles in the back, which causes the skin and fat to hang or sag
- Lack of physical activity or a sedentary lifestyle
Fat freezing via CoolSculpting Elite for bra fat
At Cutis, we have CoolSculpting Elite, which is a fat freezing treatment that can non-invasively reduce fat bulges in the bra/underarm area and other trouble zones in the body. It uses controlled cooling technology to target, freeze, and kill fat cells, which then reduces the fat layer thickness in the area of concern.
CoolSculpting Elite is a redesigned fat freezing system that can help kickstart your body contouring journey. What makes it different from the original CoolSculpting system is its additional features, including:
- C-shaped applicators – are made to complement the body’s natural curves and treat or contour tricker areas such as the bra or underarm fat.
- Dual sculpting – allows the treatment of multiple areas in a single session which reduces overall treatment time.
- 18% more coverage – can cover a larger skin surface and treat more fat cells, reducing the number of treatments needed.
- Up to 27% fat reduction – is an increase compared to the original CoolSculpting’s 20 to 25% fat reduction in treated areas.
- Can treat nine areas – the Elite system has seven applicators of different sizes that are US FDA-approved to treat visible fat bulges in the:
- Bra area
- Back fat
- Upper arms
- Under the chin
- Jawline areas
Depending on the targeted areas, CoolSculpting Elite treatments can take between 30 and 45 minutes. For the number of treatments, the general recommendation is two, but this can still depend on the amount of fat in the area. What CoolSculpting can do is make stubborn areas look slimmer and visibly sculpted.
Is fat freezing an ideal choice for you?
One important thing to remember about CoolSculpting Elite and similar procedures is they are not weight loss treatments or substitutes for healthy diet and exercise. Fat freezing is a body contouring procedure that aims to shape or slim down stubborn areas that won’t budge down despite diet and exercise.
Idea candidates are individuals who are near or within their normal body weight and have healthy habits. CoolSculpting Elite is made to target subcutaneous fat or the jiggly and pinchable fat that sits directly underneath the skin and stores energy. This type of fat is commonly located on the belly, hips, thighs, upper arms, and underarms.
For further reading: 5 Questions to Know if Fat Freezing is Right for You
Book a consultation today
If you have bra fat and other stubborn areas that you want to shape or contour, don’t hesitate to consider CoolSculpting Elite. Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and book a consultation and body assessment with our aesthetic doctor to kickstart your body contouring journey.