Are you bothered with the discoloration and dark marks in the skin around your vagina? If yes, you are not alone. Many women are concerned about the appearance of their intimate area with discoloration being one of the most common issues. Many of those who have this problem are also looking for ways to lighten their vaginal area.
Every intimate area is unique
Every one of us is unique and this also goes for the general appearance of the intimate area. Variations exist in terms of color, size, and shape. It is also important to note that it is normal for the labia or the vaginal lips to be darker than its surrounding skin. Some may have brownish or reddish labia while others may have purplish or pinkish vaginal lips.
It is also normal for the vaginal lips to slowly get darker due to a number of factors. Aging is a common cause, as the skin changes over time in terms of its color, texture, and elasticity. This is also the reason why you may notice discoloration in other areas of the body.
What causes vaginal darkening?
Aging is not the only one to blame for vaginal skin discoloration. Sometimes, it can also be due to:
- Hormonal imbalances – Changes in estrogen levels (which can happen during puberty or menopause) can cause skin darkening. Discoloration tends to be common along the neck and groin, as well as underneath the breasts.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) – This causes the ovaries to produce excess androgens (male hormones). This can contribute to irregular menstruation, excessive hair growth, and darkening of the skin, which include the vaginal area.
- Physical factors – These can include friction (or wearing extremely tight clothing or underwear), sweating, and lack of air or ventilation. All can contribute to a change in shade or color of the intimate area. The accumulation of moisture down there can also aggravate the problem.
- Certain infections or irritations – Fungal infection or irritation from harsh soaps can cause itching and inflammation. This may also lead to dark patches or discoloration around the vulva.
Vaginal lightening and rejuvenation
It is natural for the skin in your intimate area to be darker than the rest of your body. If you’re bothered with the discoloration or its general appearance, non-invasive rejuvenation procedures are worth considering. At Cutis Medical Laser Clinics, we have two aesthetic treatments for intimate area rejuvenation.
Pink Intimate System
If you’re concerned with vaginal area darkening, a non-invasive lightening solution like the Pink Intimate System may be right for you. This painless lightening system is dedicated to lighten and rejuvenate your intimate area with no downtime or side effects. You can turn to this treatment to lighten your bikini area and restore your confidence.
The Pink Intimate System is a topical solution that features a delicate mixture of safe ingredients. It can be used on the vaginal area, as well as other parts of the body including the underarms, inner thighs, and areola or skin around the nipples. The recommended protocol is 6 sessions with an interval of 7 to 10 days apart.
BTL® Exilis Ultra Femme 360™
If you’re looking to rejuvenate your intimate area, improve vaginal laxity, or treat urinary stress incontinence, Ultra Femme 360 may be the procedure for you. It safely heats the vaginal tissues by simultaneously delivering ultrasound energy and radiofrequency waves. It involves the insertion of a 360° disposable tip along the vaginal canal.
Ultra Femme 360 safely treat the intimate area, which results in immediate contraction and improved blood flow. The procedure also triggers neocollagenesis or the process of building new collagen. This process usually takes about 60 to 90 days after the procedure.
The stimulation of collagen production can help improve elasticity and provide additional tightening that can continue in the next three to four months. You may also be glad to know that it can help with urinary stress incontinence, as well as vaginal tightening and labia remodeling.
Schedule a consultation today
To learn more about the treatments mentioned, don’t hesitate to contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today. Schedule a consultation with our Harvard-trained aesthetic doctor, Dr. Sylvia Ramirez, to find out how Ultra Femme 360 and Pink Intimate System can improve your intimate well-being.
- If you would like to be an informed patient, please contact us at +65-6801-4000 or
- Cutis Medical Laser Clinics, 9 Scotts Road Pacific Plaza, Scotts Medical Center #08-07, Singapore – 228210