With all the stress and uncertainties associated with the pandemic, our main goal these days has shifted more into survival and fighting the coronavirus. Months of circuit breaker (or lockdown) have also disrupted our normal routines and this includes our efforts to lose fat or stay in shape.
It is perfectly understandable if your fitness goals have taken a back seat these past few weeks. But if you’re ready now and want to get that summer body you’ve been longing for, it is time to step up. The good news is, with a few tweaks in your habits and help from aesthetic treatments, you’ll achieve a slimmer and more contoured body.
Here a few lifestyle tweaks that can help with your fitness goals.
- Stay hydrated – Sometimes, that hunger pang you feel is due to thirst. So to keep yourself from snacking when all you need is water, make sure that you stay well hydrated.
- Be mindful when eating – Being distracted while eating can cause you to take in more than you need. This is why you need to focus on your meal, eat slowly, and not do any other things while eating.
- Get enough rest – An adequate amount of sleep helps with weight loss as it keeps our appetite-regulating hormones in check. Aim to sleep early and get about 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night.
- Track your food – Having a food journal can give you a view of your eating habits and determine areas that need some tweaking. Do this for both food and beverage to see if you need to cut some calories to get the results you want.
- Take some time to prepare your meal – This can help you save money and prevent you from buying fast food most of the time. Making your own food will also let you know the things you’re putting into your body.
- Get moving – There are many ways to stay active even when you’re home. One popular way is doing basic body weight exercises like crunches, squats, and push-ups. You can also do some online exercises or download workout videos.
Get help from CoolSculpting
For some fat bulges that are resistant to diet and exercise, Cryolipolysis or fat freezing can help. Here at Cutis Laser Clinics in Singapore, we offer CoolSculpting, which is an FDA-approved treatment for targeting stubborn fats and killing fat cells permanently. Keep reading and find out how it can help you get your ideal body.
How it works: CoolSculpting works by suctioning fat bulges using applicators of various sizes. It exposes the fat cells to controlled cooling temperatures, which triggers apoptosis or natural cell death. The treated fat cells are then cleared through the lymphatic system and processed as waste in the liver.
This procedure is used to treat common problem areas or fat bulges in the:
- upper arms
- bra fat
- knee fat
The procedure: This starts with marking the treatment area to determine where to place the handpiece. A cooling gel pad will also be placed on the skin for extra protection. Then, the applicator will suction the fat bulges to kill fat cells. This helps in gradually reducing the thickness of the fat layer.
The results: Once the body has metabolized the dead fat cells, you will see results within 60 to 90 days. Fat freezing by CoolSculpting leads to a noticeable reduction of fat in the treated areas. The frozen fat cells are gone and will not migrate in other areas of the body. Healthy lifestyle habits can help you maintain stable results.
Good candidates: Fat freezing treatments are ideal for those who are near their ideal weight but have stubborn fats that are resistant to diet and exercise. Both men and women who want to reduce fat, but don’t want the risks associated with liposuction can undergo CoolSculpting.
Pain and safety: Slight discomfort may be experienced in the first few minutes of the session (wherein the applicator draws in the fat bulge). CoolSculpting also has safety mechanisms built in to detect if the skin is getting too cold. It shuts off automatically if the skin is found to be cold.
Make the right changes in your habits and consider CoolSculpting to reach your goals. Contact Cutis Laser Clinics today and schedule a body assessment and consultation with our Harvard-trained aesthetic doctor, Dr. Sylvia Ramirez, to learn more about our fat freezing treatments.