If you are wondering why you still have acne when you’re over the age of 30, know that it is a common skin problem for adults. People in their 30s and 40s are still being plagued by frequent breakouts even in their adult life. In fact, an increasing number of adult patients visit skin specialists seeking treatment for acne a few times each year.
Having acne can be very frustrating. It can damage your skin and cause scarring, often resulting to self-esteem issues. This is the reason why the most common skin care questions asked by clients in aesthetic clinics Singapore are, “How do I get rid of my acne?” and “What is the best acne scar treatment?”
To effectively treat acne, you need to have a better understanding of the skin condition.
First of all, in order to clear your acne breakouts, you should find out what causes your skin to flare up. According to skincare experts, acne is an inflammatory disorder that occurs when pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells causing bacteria to flourish.
Therefore, to effectively treat acne and prevent future breakouts, inflammation should be addressed.
So how do you finally get rid of acne? Here’s how:
1. Practice regular hand washing. Basic hygiene such as hand washing is important in preventing acne. Use antibacterial soaps to prevent the spread of germs.
2. Refrain from touching your face. Touching your face is a surefire way of spreading Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that causes acne. Whether or not you are suffering from breakouts, it is important to keep your hands away from your face.
3. Reduce stress. One of the most common causes of adult acne is stress. Scientists believe that when we are stressed, our oil glands are producing more oil that clog pores leading to more acne. If you want to win the battle against acne, try avoiding stress-inducing situations and learn stress management techniques to help keep you calm and relaxed.
4. Stay hydrated and avoid overusing skin care products. Unknown to many, dry skin can also be prone to having breakouts, too. Although oil is one of the reason for clogged pores, but so is dead skin cells, dirt, bacteria and makeup. Furthermore, overusing harsh skin care products can make your skin dehydrated of moisture. Try using soothing cleansers for dry skin instead and make sure to remove your makeup before going to bed. Also, keep your skin hydrated by drinking at least 2 liters of water every day.
5. Use hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic products. You don’t want to have excessively dry skin as it increases your risk for acne and skin irritations. Thus, you should use light oil-free and noncomedogenic (non-clogging) moisturizers such as Clarifying Moisturizer from Dr. Sylvia Skin Care. Take note, however, that not all skin care products are created equal so be sure to buy clinically-proven products and read product labels for “hypoallergenic” and “noncomedogenic” which are safer for your skin.
6. Consider an effective acne treatment such as chemical peels. If topical acne treatments no longer do the job, it is time to schedule a consultation with a skin doctor Singapore to inquire about chemical peels. Chemical peels, especially those with salicylic acid, are not only effective at treating adult acne by unclogging your pores and destroying p. acnes, they keep the skin smooth and supple as well.
For the best acne treatment Singapore, consider Cutis Acne Peel or Vi Peel. Cutis Acne Peel is a plant-based chemical peel formulated with Salicylic acid which is ideal to clear pores and kill acne-causing bacteria for mild and moderate cases of acne vulgaris. The peel will leave your skin clear and blemish-free. Vi Peel, on the other hand, is effective for treating acne and reducing acne scars and pigmentation. Suitable for all skin types, Vi Peel uses a special formulation that deeply penetrates the skin to deliver results in a matter of days. Aside from visibly reducing acne, Vi Peel also improves skin tone and texture, reduces blemishes, removes acne scars, and softens lines and wrinkles.
7. Remove scars with cutting-edge aesthetic treatments. If you have been suffering from acne for a long time, chances are, you will need treatment for acne scars. A safe and effective option for acne scar treatment Singapore is Dermapen, the latest breakthrough in scar removal. Dermapen effectively treats acne scars, surgical scars, stretch marks, and signs of skin aging, giving the skin a youthful appearance.
Another effective acne scar treatment is Cutera Pearl Procedure. Pearl resurfacing is a scientifically proven, highly effective laser skin treatment for the removal of acne scars, pigmentation and even wrinkles resulting in a “pearly” glow.
Getting rid of acne may be as simple as using the right skin care product or it may also be as challenging wherein you’ll need to undergo a chemical peel treatment in an aesthetic clinic. In case you are not sure where to start, you can always consult the expert skin care specialist in Singapore such as Dr. Sylvia Ramirez, a Harvard-trained and US Board Certified doctor, who has handled many patients with acne and acne scar concerns.
Consult Cutis Laser Clinics today to know which acne treatment will give you a clear, smooth, youthful skin free of pimple, acne and breakouts.
Tags: Aesthetic Clinics Singapore, Skin Specialists, Acne Treatment Singapore, Cutis Acne Peel, VI Peel, Dermapen, Pearl Resurfacing
- If you would like to be an informed patient, please contact us at +65-6801-4000 or
- Cutis Medical Laser Clinics, 9 Scotts Road Pacific Plaza, Scotts Medical Center #08-07, Singapore – 228210