It is worth noting that there are plenty of body aesthetic treatments that can address a variety of concerns and help you reach your body goals. There are, however, misconceptions surrounding them that can prevent you from considering or undergoing any of these treatments. Continue reading as we debunk these common myths to help you make an informed decision.
1. Non-surgical body treatments are painful.
One main reason people are hesitant to undergo non-surgical body treatments such as fat freezing is that they can be painful. There is, of course, some discomfort, with many patients describing the sensation more as uncomfortable instead of painful. And this is only experienced during the treatment where the applicator draws in the fat bulge.
You may also be glad to know that many non-surgical body slimming systems have added features for increased patient comfort. CoolSculpting Elite, for instance, has C-shaped applicators that complement the body’s natural curves and gentle vacuum reduces squeezing on the tissue.
At Cutis, we also have Vanquish ME, which uses contactless radiofrequency for targeting and eliminating unwanted fat. It doesn’t touch the skin, as the device just hovers over the area of concern using a panel array of heat energy. The procedure is not painful; patients report experiencing a warm sensation, similar to that of a heating pad.
For further reading: 5 Reasons to Try Vanquish Fat Reduction Procedure
2. Non-surgical body treatments produce little to no results.
While non-surgical body treatments don’t involve cuts or needles, they can still effectively contour or shape trouble areas. The results, of course, are not as dramatic as that of surgery, but you can see and feel the improvement in the treated area. This is especially true if you undergo the recommended number of treatments and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Vanquish ME, for instance, can eliminate up to 59% of excess belly fat after failure to respond to diet and exercise, according to clinical studies. Initial improvements are seen as early as three weeks, but full results appear after a 60- to 90-day window. This procedure is also US FDA-cleared for circumference reduction in the abdomen, flanks, and tights.
CoolSculpting Elite, on the other hand, can reduce up to 27% of stubborn fat in targeted areas. The recently updated system also provides 18% more fat coverage than the original CoolSculpting machine, which only means that it can target more fat cells over time, translating to fewer overall treatments.
For further reading: 11 Common Questions About CoolSculpting Elite Answered
3. The results of non-surgical treatments are temporary.
Non-invasive treatments such as CoolSculpting, ZLipo, and Vanquish ME offer permanent fat reduction. The treated fat cells are gone for good and will not come back or migrate to other areas of the body. Just take note that they do not kill ALL the fat cells in the treated area; they reduce the number of fat cells, which then make the area look more contoured.
The remaining fat cells can grow and expand if you fail to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Gaining lots of weight after the procedure will negate the results of the treatment, resulting in extra or visible fat bulges. This is why it is recommended to pair these treatments with a balanced diet and regular physical activity.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that these procedures are not weight loss treatments or substitutes for healthy diet and exercise. This is also the reason why ideal candidates for these treatments are those who are near or within their ideal body weight but have trouble areas or stubborn bulges that they want to slim down.
Non-surgical body aesthetic treatments at Cutis
Apart from fat reduction treatments (CoolSculpting, Vanquish ME, and ZLipo), we at Cutis also have other body aesthetic treatments that can help you reach your fitness goals. These include:
- Acoustic shockwave therapy – via XWave or ZWave uses modified wave pulses and targeted vibrations to break down fat and tissues that cause cellulite. This can also help with fat burning, skin tightening, and reducing the look of stretch marks. It also assists in stimulating collagen formation to make the skin look firmer and more elastic.
- ZField Dual – is for achieving visible and defined muscles. It uses electromagnetic energy to stimulate involuntary muscle contractions in the abdomen, buttocks, and other areas of the body. ZField Dual assists in strengthening the muscle fibers which results in improved muscle conditioning with a toned appearance.
- ThermoSculpt – is a non-invasive procedure specifically designed for muscle toning, fat burning, and skin laxity improvement. It uses diathermocontraction (diathermy + faradic muscle contraction), which involves deep tissue heating and electrical muscle contraction (using faradic current) to stimulate muscle contractions.
- Exilis Ultra 360 – is a non-surgical device for head-to-toe rejuvenation. It combines radiofrequency and ultrasound energy to melt fat cells and stimulate collagen production. It can help contour and tighten different areas of the body, as well as tighten the skin and reduce the look of wrinkles and cellulite.
Book a consultation and body assessment
If you’re considering non-surgical body aesthetic treatments, get in touch with us today. Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore and book a consultation and body assessment with our aesthetic doctor. Make us your partner in achieving your beauty and body goals.