Frown lines and crow’s feet are not the only type of wrinkles that can reveal or betray your age. Bunny lines or those that appear on the sides of your nose can also do the same. These wrinkles become more visible when you laugh, smile, or crinkle your nose, and can become etched into the skin over time.
What causes bunny lines to appear?
Just like many other facial wrinkles, bunny lines typically appear due to repeated facial expressions. The way you make your expressions can also play a part on how likely you are to develop these lines. If you, for instance, crinkle up your nose when you laugh or smile, you may have prominent bunny lines.
Neglecting sun protection also has a role on their appearance. As prolonged and unprotected sun exposure can accelerate the aging process, they can also make your wrinkles even more visible. As you age, bunny lines and other lines tend to stay on your skin long after you stop making facial expressions.
What can I do about bunny lines?
- Protect your skin from the sun – Wear sunscreen daily, even when it’s cloudy. Be sure to look for a product with an SPF of at least 30 and apply 30 minutes before going out. Using an umbrella and seeking shade when UV rays are the strongest are also good ways to protect your skin.
- Try to avoid scrunching your nose – Becoming aware of your conscious your facial expressions can help make a difference. This means trying to avoid wrinkling your nose when you smile, laugh, or making other expressions.
- Quit smoking – As the habit speeds up the aging process, it can make your skin more wrinkled and make existing lines more prominent. Do your skin a favor by quitting smoking or never start smoking in the first place. This can help improve your skin and overall health.
- Get enough sleep – While this won’t necessarily get rid of your bunny lines, adequate sleep is important for your skin to recharge and recuperate. This is when repairing daytime damage happens. It also helps the body in making collagen, which is essential in keeping the skin firm and supple.
Why consider injectables?
If your bunny lines are prominent and bother you, an injectable treatment like botulinum toxin or is worth considering. This can target the muscles responsible for those lines and smooth your wrinkles. Read on and learn how Botox works and it can give a younger-looking appearance.
The basics – Botulinum toxin or Botox is an anti-wrinkle treatment that can improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It can treat forehead lines, frown lines between the brow, wrinkles in the corner of the eyes and smoker’s lines. It can also be used for nonsurgical jawline slimming or reduction.
Botox at work – Botulinum toxin works by temporarily blocking the signal from nerve to muscles. This causes the muscles to no longer contract, which relaxes and softens the wrinkles. The procedure is quick and may involve the use of topical anesthetic cream to make the patient comfortable.
The results – You may need to wait for about two weeks to see the full results. This can last for three to six months or longer with repeated injections. The right technique and dosage provide a natural, well-rested look while maintaining your facial expressions.
Side effects – Some patients report minimal and temporary side effects. These include slight pain, mild redness, swelling, and bruising of the treatment area. These usually resolve within a few days.
Look for a skilled aesthetic doctor – Horror stories about frozen and unnatural look are unlikely with qualified injector. Be sure to look for an aesthetic doctor who has a conservative approach and a long track record of providing natural results.
Here at Cutis Laser Clinics in Singapore, our Harvard-trained aesthetic doctor, Dr. Sylvia Ramirez, administers Botox injections. Dr. Sylvia is a US Board Certified physician and is an experienced and conservative Botox injector for many years.
Schedule a consultation today
Don’t let bunny lines or other facial wrinkles make you look older. Contact Cutis Laser Clinics today and schedule a consultation with one of our aesthetic doctors to learn more about Botox and other nonsurgical wrinkle treatments.
- If you would like to be an informed patient, please contact us at +65-6801-4000 or
- Cutis Medical Laser Clinics, 9 Scotts Road Pacific Plaza, Scotts Medical Center #08-07, Singapore – 228210