As the body’s largest organ, the skin works hard to protect us from bacteria and other pollutants. This only means it needs more care and attention than we normally give it. Showing your skin more love will not only lead to a healthy complexion but also improved confidence and overall appearance.
Check out the 5 ways to show your skin more love:
1. Eat a balanced diet
A healthy diet plays a big role in having healthy and glowing skin. This only makes it important to watch what you eat and focus on making healthier food choices. Load up on fruits and vegetables, especially richly colored ones. Be sure to avoid or limit your consumption of processed and junk foods.
Other tips for keeping a healthy diet include:
- Eat fatty fish – Salmon and mackerels are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help maintain healthy skin. They can also reduce inflammation and promote skin health.
- Stay hydrated – Make water your number one choice for hydration. Avoid sugary drinks like soda and limit your caffeine consumption throughout the day.
- Limit alcohol – Too much alcohol dehydrates the skin and makes it look dull, red, and tired. Cut back on your consumption by drinking alcohol with water or having no alcohol at home.
- Avoid refined carbs and sugars – Replace sweets, pastries, white bread/rice, and pasta with whole grains and fruits and vegetables.
2. Don’t forget the sunscreen
Ultraviolet or UV rays from the sun can damage your skin and accelerate aging. They can also make your existing lines and dark spots more prominent and increase your risk of skin cancer. Do your skin a favor and wear sunscreen daily. Choose a broad-spectrum formula with an SPF of 30 or higher.
Take note: You need to wear sunscreen every day, even when it’s cloudy. The same is also true when you’re exercising in an area with windows that let the light in. You should also know that casual or incidental sun exposure is common (when driving, walking your door, or sitting near a window), so you can get it without realizing.
3. Manage stress
Too much stress can take a toll on your skin, resulting in more oiliness, breakouts, and aggravated conditions. This is due to rising levels of cortisol (stress hormones), which can increase sebum production and damage the skin’s collagen and elastin. So, make it a point to keep your stress in check and find ways to de-stress.
Here are a few ways on reducing your stress levels:
- Exercise regularly.
- Try relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation.
- Take a break.
- Engage in activities you enjoy doing.
- Connect with friends and family.
4. Don’t forget to moisturize
Always use moisturizers to hydrate your skin and lock in moisture. This helps improve the appearance of your skin, making it look and feel younger. Do so after taking a bath and exfoliating, and before applying makeup. Choose moisturizers like antioxidants, vitamins, and humectants like hyaluronic acid.
Here are a few other ways to keep moisture in the skin and prevent dryness:
- Avoid harsh soaps, especially when washing your face.
- Pat skin gently when drying.
- Moisturize after washing to trap in moisture.
- Avoid rubbing or scratching.
- Don’t use abrasive cloths and brushes when cleaning.
5. Don’t hesitate to consider aesthetic treatments for your skin
Issues like acne, acne scars, dark spots, and fine lines can make your skin look dull and tired. This is why here at Cutis Laser Clinics, we offer a number of aesthetic treatments that can solve your skin woes and promote glowing skin.
Here are some of them:
Juvederm Volite – this skin booster treatment can help you achieve suppler skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Volite can hydrate the skin for up to nine months with just a single treatment.
Ultherapy – this non-invasive facelift procedure uses focused ultrasound energy to tighten the skin on the face, neck, and chest. It can also add more definition to your jawline and stimulate collagen production.
Dermal fillers – these injectable gels fill in and restore volume loss. Fillers can also smooth fine lines, fill in the nasolabial folds, add volume to the cheeks, and plump up the lips.
Botox – this US FDA-cleared anti-wrinkle treatment can reduce or improve the appearance of frown lines, forehead lines, wrinkles in the corner of eyes, and upper lip wrinkles. It uses a neurotoxin protein that blocks the signal from a nerve to muscle to relax the wrinkles.
Laser Genesis – this non-invasive laser procedure can treat fine lines, enlarged pores, facial redness, and uneven texture. It can also stimulate collagen regrowth and improve the overall appearance.
Dermapen 4 microneedling – this advanced needling procedure causes micro-trauma in the skin that triggers the production of collagen, It can address or treat scarring, fine lines, enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
Make Cutis Laser Clinics in Singapore your partner in showing your skin more love. Contact our clinic today and schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor to find out more about the treatments that can give you vibrant and healthy skin.