Tanita Body Diagnostic
Tanita is the world leader in body mass weighing and measuring equipment.
The device uses the BIA method otherwise known as bioelectrical impedance analysis method. BIA is a simple, quick, and non-invasive means of measuring body composition, making it particularly useful for to measure the composition of the body.
The Tanita Body Diagnostic calculate “body fat ratio,” “body fat mass,” “fat free mass,” “estimated muscle mass,” and “Base Metabolic Rate” using data derived by the Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) method using BIA. Through the use of 8 electrodes, the Tanita Body Diagnostic makes it possible to show separate body composition mass for the right arm, the left arm, the trunk, the right leg and the left leg.
This device for monitoring body mass with the index of visceral fat performs:
Measurements concerning the whole body:
- Body mass index
- Body fat evaluated as a percentage from the total weight (%), as well as quantity, as fat mass
- Visceral fat
- Fat-free mass
- Muscle mass
- Total body water evaluated in percentage (%), as well as in quantity (kg)
- Basic metabolic rate – evaluation of the daily calories the body needs to maintain current parameters
- Target ranges
- Indicator of bone mineral mass
Segmential measurements :
- Calculated body fat percentage by segment (each hand, each leg and trunk)
- Distribution segments of fat mass
- Fat-free mass distribution segments
- Muscle mass segments
- Impedance segments
- Ideal measurements