Our face often gets the most attention when it comes to skincare. We slather on creams, serums, and other products in an effort to delay the signs of aging or address skin concerns, including acne, dark spots, scarring, and dullness. The rest of the body is often overlooked, even though it is also affected by the same skin dilemmas.
A medical-grade chemical peel like the VI Peel can do can improve or address these concerns. What it does is remove the skin’s damaged layers and stimulate the production of new skin cells. It is commonly used on the face, neck, and chest, but it now comes with a solution specifically designed for the body: VI Peel Body.
The difference between a facial peel and a body peel
Body peels are much like facial peels, but are stronger and penetrate deeper. This is because the skin on the body isn’t as thin or delicate as that on your face. It only means that it can take on higher strength formulas with higher percentages of active ingredients.
Facial peels, meanwhile, are less powerful, mainly because they are intended on delicate and sensitive areas. They are commonly used on the face and neck areas and mostly penetrate the epidermis or the top layer. It causes the skin to peel off to reveal a healthier and more radiant complexion.
Check out our previous post to find out why VI Peel is not your average chemical peel treatment.
Introducing VI Peel Body
VI Peel Body is a professional-grade chemical peel specifically designed for addressing body skin concerns. It is developed by the makers of VI Peel to improve your body skin treatments. VI Peel Body is safe for all skin types, tones, and textures, and can penetrate deeper (epidermis) to create true change or results.
Why is there a need for body peel:
- Thicker skin – As previously mentioned, the skin on the body is not as delicate as the skin on the face; it is two to three times thicker. This only means that it isn’t ideal to reuse a traditional facial peel that only penetrates the skin’s outermost layer. It is likely to have a less penetration effect on certain areas of the body.
- To create true corrective change – The natural skin cell turnover cycle of the face and body is also different. It takes 28 days for the face and about 70 days for the body. So, in order to create visible changes and results, the chemical peel for the body needs to penetrate the dermis and speed up the peeling process. It also has to work on all skin types and tones.
How VI Peel Body works
Just like the regular VI Peel, VI Peel Body is also non-invasive and pain-free. It increases cellular turnover and stimulates collagen production. It also has a synergistic blend of ingredients that:
- Removes or exfoliates dead surface cells right away
- Penetrates deeper to target acne, wrinkles, and uneven texture
- Hydrates and lightens pigmentation as it firms
- Reduces sebum production and suppresses pigment
What are the benefits of VI Peel Body?
VI Peel Body helps improve or address troubled areas of the skin to reveal a smoother and more glowing complexion in just a single treatment. Here are the benefits of this chemical peel:
- Helps remove fine lines and pigmentation
- Targets body acne and help prevent repeat flare-ups
- Smooths scars from injuries or surgeries
- Reduces acne and acne scarring from private areas
- Soften stretch marks
- Helps tighten sagging
- Safe for all skin types
Schedule a consultation today
Want to learn more about VI Peel Body and what it can do for you? Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation with our aesthetic doctor to start your journey toward smoother and more vibrant skin.