The delicate skin around your eyes is one of the first areas to show or betray your age. This only makes it important to give this area the care and love it deserves. Doing so can help you avoid or deal with common eye area issues like fine lines, puffiness/eye bags, and dark circles.
It’s time to take better care of your eyes and the skin surrounding it. Here are a few things that can help:
1. Don’t forget to moisturize
Keep this delicate skin healthy and hydrated by moisturizing the area. While you can use your face moisturizer in doing so, it is recommended to use the product that doesn’t sting or turn your eyes red. If your face moisturizer does this, it is best to consider buying an eye cream.
We recommend Dr. Sylvia’s ELASTIfirm Eye Cream and Serum. This medical-grade botanical remedy makes the eye area skin firmer and more elastic in appearance. Moreover, it contains peptides to moisturize the area, as well as protect it against free radical damage responsible for the formation of wrinkles.
2. Always be gentle
This applies to everything you do onto the skin around your eyes. You have to be gentle when applying creams and sunscreen, as well as removing eye makeup to avoid putting extra pressure in the area. Also, you have to take note of the things that can irritate both your eye and the skin around it.
Some of the eye mistakes to avoid include:
- Rubbing your eyes hard
- Staring at devices throughout the day
- Forgetting to remove your contacts or eye makeup before bed
- Not seeing a healthcare provider for your vision or eye problems
3. Prioritize sun protection
As sun exposure speeds up the aging process, you need to make sunscreen application a part of your routine. Don’t forget to apply the product on your eyelid region, as this is one of the most overlooked areas. Be sure to choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, and a formula that is gentle on the eye area.
To further protect your eyes, you might want to consider wearing sunglasses with UV protection. This can protect your eyes and skin from UVA and UVB rays, as well as prevent you from squinting when the sun is shining bright.
4. Maintain or adopt healthy lifestyle habits
Taking care of your eyes and the area around it is more than about using topical eye products like cream and sunscreen. You should also mind your habits, as the way you feel inside can sometimes show on your skin, including your eyes. Here are some lifestyle habits you should adopt and maintain:
- Get enough sleep – sleep for about seven to nine hours every night to have a well-rested appearance in the morning.
- Exercise daily – try to engage in regular physical activity to improve your endurance, muscle strength, and overall health.
- Eat a healthy diet – a balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables can help protect you from diseases and maintain your ideal weight.
- Avoid smoking – the habit accelerates the aging process and increases your risk of developing lung diseases and other serious health conditions.
5. Try injectable treatments
If you’re bothered with your crow’s feet or wrinkles in the corner of the eye, consider Botulinum toxin or Botox. This can help improve the appearance of eye wrinkles, as well as frown lines, forehead lines, and upper lip wrinkles. Botox temporarily blocks the signal from nerve to muscle to relax the wrinkles.
Dermal fillers, on the other hand, are ideal if you want to reduce the appearance of eye bags and dark circles. You can also turn to this injectable to improve fine lines and wrinkles, contour the face, plump up the lips, and enhance your cheekbones. Just be sure to choose a skilled and experienced injector or aesthetic doctor.
Be extra careful with your eyes to prevent it from showing signs of aging. Consider the tips mentioned above and contact Cutis Laser Clinics in Singapore to deal with common eye area issues. Book a consultation with one of our aesthetic doctors to combat the signs of aging around your eyes.