It is a sad truth that regular diet and exercise don’t always guarantee the elimination of stubborn fat. This is especially true for localized fat bulges located in the belly, arms, thighs, and chin. A non-invasive body contouring procedure like ZLipo can help, which now has 360° applicators that can take fat freezing further.
The basics of ZLipo
ZLipo by Zimmer Aesthetics is a non-surgical fat reduction treatment that uses Cryolipolysis or fat freezing. It is designed to reduce or minimize stubborn fat bulges that don’t respond well to diet and exercise. The procedure can shape and contour your body without cuts, needles, or downtime.
ZLipo has handpieces that cool down fat deposits in a controlled manner. The treatment starts with pulsed vacuum suctioning, which helps break down the fat cells even further before the actual fat freezing begins. This has positive effects on both metabolism and lymphatic fat drainage.
Common treatment areas include:
- Flabby arms
- Double chin
Results to expect
Exposure to cooling temperatures over a prolonged period triggers apoptosis or natural cell death. The treated fat cells are naturally processed and permanently removed from the body. The complete breakdown and removal of fat cells through the lymphatic system take about 10 to 12 weeks.
As the fat cells are gone for good, you’ll then enjoy a slimmer or a more contoured treatment area. This, however, doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t gain weight after the procedure. If you fail to follow healthy lifestyle habits, the remaining fat cells in your body can grow and expand, resulting in fat bulges.
What do the ZLipo 360° applicators offer?
The ZLipo 360° applicators can take your fat freezing treatment further. These are available in three different sizes: small, medium, and mini. The small and the medium are new applicators, while the mini one is a handpiece specially designed for smaller areas of fat (in the chin, knees, and underarms).
The small applicator has a straight supporting edge, while the medium has a curved one. Both also have smaller cups that eliminate pulsation at the start and end of the procedure. This leads to a shorter, safer, and effective application.
- Full 360°cooling – instead of just the sides, the full cup is cooled, which then treats the entire skin surface.
- Enlarged treatment area – the larger handpiece can target more fat cells and cover more skin surface.
- Shorter treatment time – from just one hour, the procedure duration is now reduced to just 35 minutes.
- More comfortable vacuum – as the suction is dispersed throughout the applicator, patients will have a gentler vacuum experience and an overall comfortable fat freezing procedure.
- Two treatments simultaneously – can treat stubborn fat in two areas of the body at the same time.
Your common questions about ZLipo answered
- Will ZLipo help me lose weight? ZLipo (along with other non-invasive fat reduction procedures) is not a weight-loss treatment. It is a body contouring procedure designed to treat stubborn fat. It is also not a substitute for regular diet and exercise.
- Is ZLipo painful? There is some slight pinching in the first few minutes, but the procedure is virtually pain-free. ZLipo providers also use a cooling fleece to protect the skin and avoid damage.
- Who are the ideal candidates for ZLipo? These include those who are near or within their normal weight but have excess fat in certain areas of the body. Both men and women can undergo ZLipo.
- Are there any side effects? The procedure has virtually no side effects, so you can return to your normal routines almost immediately. You may experience minor redness and slight tenderness on the treated area, but these subside within a week. Some patients also report a feeling comparable to normal muscle soreness.
- What can I do to maintain my results? It is advisable to eat a healthy diet and exercise daily. Staying hydrated is also beneficial in flushing out the treated fat cells. You can also combine ZLipo with ZWave acoustic shockwave therapy, which helps break up the frozen fat cells underneath. This results in rapid fat reduction.
Schedule a consultation and body assessment today
Want to learn more about fat freezing via ZLipo? Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation and body assessment with our aesthetic doctor to find out if it is right for you.