While the original VI Peel itself can help reduce age spots and other types of pigmentation, there is a specific type of VI Peel that can address this concern. If you’re dealing with melasma, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation, VI Peel Precision Plus is right for you. It promotes cell turnover to combat pigmentation and improves skin tone.
VI Peel Precision Plus features a powerhouse formula that inhibits melanogenesis or the process of producing pigment by melanocytes (pigment cells). It fights pigmentation using a dual booster system, which consists of Lighter Booster and Fast Acting Brightening Booster.
This VI Peel is specifically effective for treating or improving different types of discoloration, including:
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Sun damage
- UV induced pigmentation
How it differs from the original VI Peel
VI Peel Precision plus contains the same blend of ingredients as the original VI Peel, but in a much stronger formulation (25% more). These include retinoic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), salicylic acid, kojic acid, phenol, vitamin C, hydroquinone, and hydrocortisone.
These ingredients work together to effectively unclog pores, exfoliate, penetrate damaged areas, promote cell turnover, and diminish pigmentation and skin textural damage. This type of VI Peel repairs problems at a cellular level.
Your skin on VI Peel Precision Plus
It is normal for your skin to look slightly red or tan after the VI Peel. You can expect it to peel on the third day, with the process lasting for up to 10 days. Be reminded that extensive peeling happens during the first three to five days. A moisturizing ingredient can assist in concealing the effects of the peeling process.
By the seventh or tenth day, the peeling process ends, giving you a radiant and glowing complexion. The tone and quality of your skin will continue to improve over the following four to six weeks. A single peel can improve your skin, but about three peels (or more) done every month may also be recommended for better results.
Enjoying the benefits of VI Peel Precision Plus
This chemical peel treatment is a medium-depth peel that provides a deep peeling effect. But the good news is, just like the original VI Peel, it has virtually no downtime and doesn’t require skin preparations. Some of the key benefits of VI Peel Precision Plus include:
- Promotes rapid cell turnover
- Effectively penetrates damaged skin areas
- Exfoliates and helps reduce dark spots and textural damage
- Fights pigmentation and improves skin tone
- Restores skin to its natural health
Prevent dark spots or further darkening of existing ones
VI Peel Precision Plus can effectively fight pigmentation, but it is also important to mind your habits. Here are a few things that can help:
- Stop touching your face – Don’t pick, pop, or squeeze your blemishes. Doing so can only irritate your skin and cause more inflammation. This can also increase your risk of acne scarring or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Prioritize sun protection – Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. It is also important to consider other sun protection measures like seeking shade, wearing hats or sunglasses, and limiting sun exposure during peak hours. Keep in mind the prolonged UV exposure can lead to premature aging and dark spots.
- Treat your blemishes early – Proper and early treatment can prevent spots and scars, as well as breakouts in the future. Using the right treatment or medication can also reduce the likelihood of requiring stronger acne solutions or more intense procedures later on.
- Always moisturize your skin – The right moisturizer can help your skin maintain its balance and reduce your chance of having dry skin and associated skin care problems. If you’re struggling with skin discoloration, you may want to look for a formula with vitamin B3 or niacinamide. This ingredient can lighten pigmentation and improve skin tone.
Don’t hesitate to consider VI Peel Precision Plus for fading your pigmentation. Contact Cutis Medical Laser Clinics in Singapore today and schedule a consultation with one of our aesthetic doctors to fade your dark spots and learn more about your treatment options.