VI Peel Body
Finally, a peel designed for the body. Traditional facial chemical peels penetrate to the epidermis (the top layer of the skin), but experts know that true corrective change can only come when the peel penetrates deeper. Unfortunately, peeling the body presents 3 complications:
- Skin on the body is 2-3 times thicker than the skin on the face. This means repurposing a traditional facial peel that only penetrates the epidermis will have even less penetration on the body.
- The goal of any chemical peel is to drive cell turnover and create peeling. But unlike the face which has a natural skin cell turnover cycle of 28 days, the skin cells on the body turn over closer to once every 70 days. For a chemical peel to create true peeling on the body, it must accelerate peeling almost 3 times faster.
- The chemical peel must be able to work safely on all Fitzpatrick skin types and tones.
The solution? VI Peel Body. Non-invasive, and pain-free. VI Peel Body treatments stimulate anti-aging collagen and increase cellular turnover. This helps address troubled areas and reveals smoother and more radiant skin.
So, what exactly is VI Peel Body?
VI Peel Body is a professional-grade body peel for all skin types and tones. It is more powerful to tackle the thicker epidermis and is formulated with protective ingredients to nurture the skin in the post-peel healing phase. It can penetrate deeper to peel off dead skin cells and target body skin concerns.
This chemical peel helps address troubled areas, revealing a smoother and more radiant complexion in just a single treatment. You can turn to VI Peel Body to:
- Reduce pigmentation in the body (like elbows and knees)
- Clear body acne and prevent future flare-ups
- Fade surgical scars
- Smooth away stretch marks
How does VI Peel Body work?
It contains a synergistic blend of ingredients that can accelerate cellular turnover and stimulate collagen production. It works in four unique ways:
- Exfoliates dead surface cells immediately.
- Hydrates and lightens pigmentation as it firms.
- Penetrates deeper to target pigment, acne, wrinkles, and skin texture.
- Suppresses pigment and reduces sebum production.
What are the benefits of VI Peel Body?
With a chemical peel specifically designed for the body, you can now bare a better body with more confidence. Here are the benefits:
- Safe for all skin types, tones, and textures
- More visible peeling
- Addresses multiple conditions, including:
- Body acne
- Surgical scars
- Stretch marks
- Fewer treatments needed
- Shorter post-peel period
Does VI Peel Body hurt?
It is non-invasive, painless on application, and safe for all body parts.
Does VI Peel Body have side effects?
For the first four hours after the peel, it is likely for the skin to be flushed or bronzed in appearance. Patients may also experience redness, dryness, mild stinging, and mild itching, but there should be no pain or discomfort.
How long does the peeling last?
With VI Peel Body, the peeling typically starts between the 4th and the 7th day and can last for 4 to 7 days. The total post-peel period is 8 to 14 days.
How should you care for the skin after the treatment?
Patients will be given an aftercare kit they can use at home. This contains key skincare products, retinoic cream and serum, as well as a patient instruction card. The serum is to be applied to all treatment areas, morning and evening. The cream, meanwhile, is for supporting the skin’s healing process.
How many VI Peel Body treatments are needed to see results?
You may be able to see improvements in just one session, but the recommended series is 3 for most conditions. For acne and hyperpigmentation, 2 to 4 treatments may be needed for optimal outcomes. This type of peel can also be performed every 4 to 8 weeks.