Getting toned or defined muscles is usually the next goal after shedding a few kilos or pounds. It is easy to understand why. Apart from helping you look fit and lean, having a toned or defined body also appears healthy and strong. It can also make you look and feel good about yourself.
For most men, the common goal or desire is to get strong and bulk up. Some want to tighten or tone their biceps and triceps, while others are looking to have a six-pack or a more defined abdomen.
For many women, it is more about toning their stomach and arms or getting rid of those jiggly fat bulges. Some also desire to have more toned thighs and lifted or more defined buttocks.
Why do some have toned or visible muscles while others don’t?
A number of factors influence the way your body looks or how sculpted or visible your muscles are going to be. These include:
- Genetics – Genes influence not only your body shape, but also your ability to lose weight and fat. Some may also be born with a body type that enables more fat storage or quicker muscle building. This is why even if two people engage in the same diet and exercise routines daily, they are still likely to have different results.
- The amount of fat you store or have – The pinchable or subcutaneous fat under your skin will affect how your muscles are going to look from the outside. Factors like the food you consume and the amount of calories you burn play a role in determining the amount of subcutaneous fat you have.
- The way you exercise or workout – Resistance or strength training causes muscle growth and increases muscle strength. Doing this workout consistently can lead to more muscle mass, with defined and toned muscles.
This is why spending countless hours in the gym alone will not necessarily give you more defined or toned muscles. You also need to watch what you eat, perform the right types of workout, and get rest or help when needed.
Why is it important to tone your body?
The benefits of having a toned body go beyond looking fit and good. It can also improve your self-confidence and make you look and feel great. Here are the other benefits associated with a more defined physique.
- Improves posture
- Stimulates more muscle fibers (which keeps them healthy and efficient)
- Increases muscle and body strength
- Improves mental health and reduces stress
- Less injury (toned muscles protect and support joints)
- Helps improve your fitness and body appearance
What can you do?
The combination of diet and exercise remains the key in getting the body shape you want. Unfortunately, some fats are so stubborn and not all of us can’t commit to an intense workout schedule. This is where a non-invasive body shaping procedure can help. This involves the use of high frequency electromagnetic energy to induce muscle contractions.
How can we help?
Are you looking to have a toned body but can’t commit to an intense workout session? Do you want to supplement your efforts to achieve your body goals faster? We at Cutis Laser Clinics can help. We have a non-invasive body shaping procedure that can strengthen and tone your muscles using electromagnetic energy.
Your individualized treatment plan, depending on various factors such as your acceptable social downtime, your expected time frame and budget, will be explained in detail during your consultation with our Harvard trained Medical Director, Dr. Sylvia Ramirez.