There are several changes in the body after pregnancy. Post-pregnancy otherwise known as Postpartum is the period after child birth. Just like your body, your skin will also take a long time to get back its normal texture.
Many women experience a wide range of postpartum skin problems such as:
- Melasma or dark spots in the skin
- Red, flaky patches on the face
- Enlarged blood vessels in the face leaving a red, spiderlike mark
- Acne caused by increased secretion from oil glands buildup and clogged pores
- Dark, puffy eyes due to exhaustion and poor circulation
- Dry skin due to sudden drop of hormones after giving birth
- Cellulite and stretchmark due to weight gain
- Postpartum belly or extra skin and fats in the stomach area
These days, combination treatmentsthat target postpartum skin concerns are common. Non-surgical treatmentsthat are US FDA approved are recommended to improve variety of skin conditions.
The recommended treatments depend on various factors (social downtime, urgency to address concerns and budget) and will be discussed during consultation.